Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Bride of Christ and the Great Whore

I don't know about you but I was taught growing up that the church was the bride of Christ. And it was later in life that I heard that the "great whore" was the Roman catholic church. It was only when I began to read the Bible myself as I encourage everyone to do, that Holy Spirit revealed the truth concerning the bride and the whore. They both are cities. Not churches. Revelation 21:9-27 tells us what the bride looks like. 21:9-10 tells us who she is. Revelation 21:9-10 And there came to me one of the angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues and talked with me saying, Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jeruselum, descending out of heaven from God. So the bride is made known in these two verses. She is the new Jerusalem. Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city,new Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband . But where do the saints fit in? Revelation 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice and give honor to him:for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and has made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. And he said to me, write Blessed are they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said to me, These are true sayings of God. The saints and the righteousness and honor we bring,are the bride's adornment. Her bridal attire. Read it for yourselves. Don't take my word for it. As for the whore, she too is a city. Revelation 17:1 And there came one of seven angels which had the seven viles, and talked with me saying to me, come here,I will show you the judgment of the great whore that sits on many waters. Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead a name was written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Revelation 17:18 And that woman which you saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth. The new Babylon is the great whore, satan's mistress; while the new Jerusalem is the bride, the Lamb wife. Of course this shouln't be a surprise. Satan does try to imitate God and His Son Jesus. But that's for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment